Monday, April 21, 2008

Statue of Liberty


This weekend my girlfriend and I went to the Statue of Liberty. At least, we were supposed to. The weather was perfect, above 75 degrees. When we got there we found out that we had to wait for approximately two hours after buying the tickets. The ticket line itself was really long and it would probably take one hour at least only to get the tickets.

We weren’t in the mood for that so we took the Staten Island ferry instead. That was my girlfriend’s first ride there and she liked it. I also took a bunch of great shots of the Statue of Liberty from there. When we got to Staten Island we took a short walk and sat down along the waterfront.

It was really warm and comfortable but the island itself is pretty boring. What’s nice about it is that it’s almost like New Jersey. It’s very quiet and it’s nice to get away from the city sometimes.

On Saturday we went to Queens’s mall to enjoy some shopping. The purpose of the trip was actually to go to Little India. It’s also in Queens and is located in a neighborhood called Jackson Heights. We went to an Indian restaurant and had buffet.

The food was really good. Their spicy chicken was delicious and we will definitely go there again. It reminded me of when I travelled to India a couple of years ago. If you haven’t tried Indian food you should definitely do it.

My girlfriend put some kind of vegetables on her plate and when she took a bite of it she almost vomited. At first I thought she was exaggerating but I tried it, and then I knew exactly what she meant. I can’t describe the taste but it was seriously disgusting. We actually doubted that it was meant to be eaten.

We couldn’t eat it which was pretty awkward since it’s a buffet. I covered it with a napkin and after the waitress picked it up we went to try out some more food. The dessert was also really good and sweet. I think we will go there again this weekend.

I have created my schedule for next quarter now. It turned out pretty good. If everything goes as planned, I will be free from school on weekends, Mondays, and Fridays. That gives me four days of every week. I think that will be great actually.

On Tuesdays and Thursdays I have classes between 9 AM and 2 AM and on Wednesdays I only have one, two hour class from 8 AM till 10 AM. Next quarter will be really interesting since I have a lot of Business and Marketing classes.

I won’t have any English or Math classes and I feel really good about that. Even though I enjoy improving my English, it’s still a little boring. I read by myself on my spare time too. I have learned a lot from my English classes though. The rules in English are very different from the Swedish language.

There are also some small differences when it comes to punctuation and similar. I have a pretty calm day tomorrow. I will turn in my schedule after class and that’s about it.

No comments: