Wednesday, April 9, 2008

My sister is in town!


I’ve been pretty busy the last few days. My sister came to visit me and we’ve been seeing each other intensely since Saturday. She left this evening and it feels a little bad to see her leaving. She’ll come back again in a few months though and she’s planning on moving here.

When she arrived, I took her to Hard Rock Café. Always when I and my sister meet abroad, we go to either Planet Hollywood or Hard Rock Café. This restaurant is located on Times Square and it’s almost always packed with people.

We had to wait for about one hour, but we hung out in the bar and talked a lot which made the time move on fast. We really like that restaurant and the food is great. The music is also very good and I like that it’s a pretty laid back place. If you’ve spent several hours on a plane it’s really comfortable going there to relax.

As a starter we had a huge plate of nachos. That really makes you full but we successfully squeezed in a hamburger each after that. As many other places, I really recommend to go there. Be prepared to having to wait in line for approximately an hour though. It’s less crowded on weekday so if you have the opportunity to go there in the middle of the week, I recommend you to do so.

On Sunday, I invited my sister to see my new apartment. She agreed that this apartment is a lot better than the old one. I also had her try out white hot chocolate at Dunkin Donuts. She really liked it but it was a little too sweet for her.

After that, we went to Coney Island to visit the amusement park and to walk along the beach. My sister wanted to ride the rollercoaster but I didn’t have the stomach for that that time. My girlfriend doesn’t really like that either. She says her heart is sensitive. Good excuse I guess.

The walk along the beach was really nice. The weather is still a little cold but it was beautiful. The next day, we went to have dinner at Blue Ribbon in Soho. Me and my girlfriend dressed up to meet my sister outside the restaurant. The approximated time to get a table was about one hour so we went to a bar to have a beer first.

I don’t really remember the name of the bar but it’s just a block away from Blue Ribbon. This was my girlfriends first bar experience actually and she was really excited about it. We had a really nice time. We went back to the restaurant an hour later to have some sushi.

The table was almost ready when we got there but we had to wait for about ten minutes. I really like that restaurant and the sushi is great. Me and my girlfriend shared a combo order including salmon rolls, California rolls, and crab rolls. We fell in love with the crab rolls and I’ll definitely take my girlfriend there again.

I had a long day in school today. I wasn’t done until three and after class I went to say goodbye to my sister. We had lunch at Europa Café. It’s a cozy Starbucks like café. It’s really close to my school and you see a lot of student hanging out there. I love the environment.

I will write more about this week tomorrow!

No comments: