Thursday, April 17, 2008

Another weekend coming up!


It’s weekend for me again. It feels as if the weeks really move fast these days. I have had a lot of homework this week. I did the English paper and I also had a bunch of accounting assignments to do. I also had to type up a summary about a video that was shown in my marketing class.

My marketing teacher gave my class some assignments, but he didn’t collect or talk about it in the next class. I don’t really like that because then it feels as if I did the homework unnecessarily. The teacher is great though and the classes are really fun.

I think he’s one of my best teachers so far actually. He makes the lecture very interesting to listen to and it’s easy to relax in his class. My accounting teacher is also very good. I must say that Berkeley College offers very good teachers.

I’m planning on taking my girlfriend to the Statue of Liberty this weekend. She’s never been there and I think that the weather is great for that now. I think it was about 74 degrees today and it has been a beautiful day. The sky is still cloudless and there is almost no wind at all.

New York is amazing when the sky is clear. The sky makes the buildings look really sharp and modern and it’s a pleasure to take photographs in such circumstances.

Berkeley College really surprised me yesterday. The registration for the next quarter begins next week. It feels really early and I had to book an appointment at the student advisors office. I’m going to plan my next schedule on Monday. The classes for the next quarter have not yet been posted online but I’m positive that they will be posted in the coming days.

I have not yet looked into what classes I’ll have to take next quarter. I’ll tell you more about that next week.

We had a workshop in my English class yesterday. We were assembled in groups of three and we read each other’s paper. We also correct mistakes together and try to help each other making a better paper. I don’t really like that technique to be honest. I prefer that the teacher collects all papers and that he corrects the mistakes.

Some people like it though and I agree that it’s a good thing to let other people than yourself to read the paper. I just don’t feel comfortable having other students read the paper and give me feedback about it. I also think that it might open up for disputes between students and create a tense environment. The majority of students simply don’t like when other students criticize their paper.

The pope is still in Washington. He will arrive to New York sometimes this week. My friend told me today to start using the application Skype. It’s supposed to be really cheap and offer good reception. It’s free to call if the other person also uses Skype, but I think I will use it to call my parents home phone too. I won’t need to buy phone cards all the time if I start using it.

My mom and her husband also want me to start using it. I think I will install it this weekend. I recommend people to do the same actually. People who need to call abroad will save a lot of money on it, so it’s great for international students!

2 comments:

Johanna said...

Hejsan! Intressant blogg du har! Jag är intresserad av att gå på Berkeley college och tänker på att börja plugga under mitten av 2009. Skulle gärna vilja veta mer om terminskostnader, skolans rykte med mera. Skulle du vilja ge mig din mail eller att du får min så att jag kanske skulle kunna få ställa några frågor till dig. Det är ju verkligen bäst att få info från någon som redan går där! Hade verkligen uppskattat det!

Tack på förhand / Johanna

Berkeley College International said...

Hej!
Kontakta mig på chhenriksson@gmail.com