Friday, April 4, 2008

Martin Luther King Jr Celebration


Today is Friday! It feels great with weekend even though I just came back from the break. Yesterday was pretty busy for me. I had to return my accounting book and I found out that the bookstore doesn’t allow returns. This made me a little frustrated. I would understand if they wouldn’t allow returns for used books.

My book wasn’t even opened. However, I successfully convinced them eventually and got my money back. I also bought a used book from a friend. As I’ve mentioned before, people will save a lot of money buying used books.

I sold my psychology book today. Now I only have one more book to sell and that feels good. The last book I have is about communication, but it’s a small book and I won’t get that much money for it. It’s not a big prioritization for me because of that. I still have my ads up on some notice boards though.

I just ordered a pizza online. I have never done that before and it feels pretty weird. I love the idea though. Now I can sit back being totally lazy just waiting for the pizza. It seems to work great. You can track the process of your pizza so that you’ll know exactly where it is. My pizza is being baked as I type.

My girlfriend has started to become crazy about sushi. Today she took me to Chinatown in Manhattan to buy some. I know sushi is Japanese but they’re supposed to have some great and cheap sushi in Chinatown and indeed they had.

You can buy about ten pieces for approximately $4. It was really good and I think I will go there again someday. I mean, it’s not Blue Ribbon but for $4 it’s really good.

I was thinking about telling you some about the expenses in New York. How much you have to spend on an average a day. I think I will do this in my next blog.

I started reading a new book today, which I borrowed a few months ago. I was on my way to the library to return it when I started reading it. When I got to the library I returned one book but I kept that one and renewed it.

The book is called “Don’t Know Much About History.” It’s about American history and really tells a lot about it in a fun way. I don’t know much about American history actually so I find it very interesting to read about the revolutionary war, the civil war, and Martin Luther King etc.

Today, Americans and hopefully other people too, celebrate Martin Luther King Jr. It’s 40 years ago he was assassinated on the balcony of Lorraine Hotel. There has been a lot of news coverage on that, and I think that most people here give him some extra thoughts today.

No comments: