Monday, March 31, 2008

My third first experience!


Today was my first day in school this quarter. I was excited about it since I will have new teachers this quarter. My schedule this quarter is really good. I finish 12.30 on Mondays, 10.45 on Tuesdays and Thursdays and on Wednesdays I finish school at 3.15.

The downside of this is that I have to get up 6.30am every morning. I’m off on Fridays as usual though.

Today I had classes in marketing, graphical business presentations, and English composition. My teachers this far seems to be good. My marketing teacher has a lot of experience and since marketing is my major, I’m really looking forward to learn more about it.

I have the same computer teacher this quarter as I had last quarter. I’m a little disappointed about that. I’m not that happy about that teacher even though he gave me an A last quarter. His English skills are not that good and I have some troubles understanding him.

Something that really annoyed me last quarter was that he kept saying how easy the test was going to be. Yet, many people had troubles with them. It wasn’t that most people didn’t know the software we were using but that he made the questions hard to understand.

An example is my test last quarter. He asked us to do a clustered column bar chart in Microsoft Office Excel. That chart doesn’t exist. However, he called the easiest two ones we used that so I picked one of them. I picked the one in 3D since he didn’t specify if he wanted it in 2D or 3D. That made me loose twelve points and got me down to a B.

Even though I made up for it later, this is a problem the teacher has to do something about. What is really good with Berkeley College is that they have surveys a couple of times a year. You simply grade the teachers’ effort and your satisfaction about your college experience.

I really think this helps improve Berkeley College. My English teacher is totally new to me. I have never seen him before so it’s hard for me to form an opinion about him at this time. He seems to be good though, and this quarter we will read and write a lot of short stories. I think I will like that.

I went to the gym after school. I swum for forty minutes and it feels really good. As I mentioned before, I have never exercised like that before. I think I will keep swimming for a few months, but I’m thinking about running at least once a week.

I feel really comfortable in my new apartment. The traveling to school goes really smoothly and it’s so much better than my last place. It’s also really convenient to have my bank, McDonald’s, and Dunkin Donuts nearby. Now I can drink white hot chocolate with my girlfriend every day if I want to. We absolutely love it!

No comments: