Tuesday, March 11, 2008

New Haircut!


I went to a hair salon today. I was a little afraid of going there because of previously bad experiences here in New York. Last quarter I went to a barbershop in Brooklyn close to my home. They only charged $10 and I thought that it couldn’t be that bad since I only needed to shorten it a little.

I was wrong. After I told the big old lady how I wanted my hair to look, she picked up the biggest scissor I’ve ever seen. She didn’t wash my hair, nor did she make it wet. She started cutting my hair with that scissor but gave up fairly early.

Instead of using the scissor she picked up one of those razor machines. I guess she tried to shape it in some way. I was really scared and I didn’t have the courage to tell her to stop. I also didn’t want her to stop because I was still hoping it would look better in the end.

When she was done it looked like I had fell through a bush with knives in it. It was uneven and still too thick. I had to wear a hat for a few days before my hair automatically leveled out. Anyway, today’s experience was a lot better. I’m not 100% happy about it but at least it looks and feels good.

It surprises me though that a lot of hair salons and barbershops in New York use machines more than scissors. In Sweden my mom always cut my hair. She’s been doing it since I was a kid and she is very professional. She has her own hair salon in Sweden. I have never had to pay for a haircut until now. That feels a little weird.

It’s not only about the price. My mom knows exactly how I want my hair and she understands my taste. It’s impossible to find a better hairdresser.

The end of this quarter is coming up. I have a few books to sell, so today I created a document with all my books for sale. I have put them up on all floors in one of our school buildings. I can actually get back a lot of money by selling them.

I got back my accounting test today. Me and my friends were really nervous about it. I did well though. I got 200 out of 202. Once again I was second best in class. It’s kind of annoying but of course I’m very happy with that result. Now I only have the final week left next week. I will do some studying after school this week and some reviewing this weekend.

No comments: