Friday, March 7, 2008

Bomb in Times Square


And so the weekend has come again. Feels great! I had a final in accounting yesterday. Just like the first midterm, I didn’t study that much. Accounting is one of those subjects that when you have done your homework and read the book, you simply won’t have to study that much before the tests.

The week of the test, I stayed in school after my classes and did a few exercises in the book. The day before the test, I only reviewed the book a little for about thirty minutes and that was it. I felt prepared and ready for the test when we received it and I think I did great. I’ll know more about that next week.

There was a bomb going off in Times Square yesterday morning. I went to check it out after school but the damages were barely noticeable. All I could see were some shattered glass and people from the authorities. I’m glad that it wasn’t a big bomb, acts like this are cowardly.

Today I’m in school to study. I just finished doing my math and English. I should do some accounting homework too but I’m not really in the mood for it. Fridays are really nice. It’s quiet and not many people are here in the library.

I’m looking forward to the summer now. We have had a few warm days this week and it really feels good. The summer in New York is amazing. It’s really nice just to walk around and contemplate the city or to sit down in a park and use the wireless internet.

There is one thing that I’m a little afraid of when it comes to bringing my laptop to the park. It’s not thieves or pickpockets but birds. What would happen to the laptop if you got bird waste all over it? My computer is too heavy to bring to a park anyway, but I’ve been thinking about buying a MacBook.

I’m thinking about buying either that or a TV and an Xbox 360. It would be fun with some extra entertainment. I used to play videogames in Sweden but since I came here I stopped. Not because I don’t have an Xbox 360 but because there are so many other things to do here. It’s impossible to be bored in New York. You have to be really narrow minded if you can’t come up with things to do here.

I also had what hopefully will be my final test in Spreadsheets and Databases. The people who get a 93 average or more on the tests won’t have to take the final, I think I’m one of those persons. I can’t come up with anything that could possibly destroy my chances of that. I really have to screw up big to make that happen, which is good. I’ll probably see my results this weekend on the online Blackboard.

There are only two more weeks left in this quarter. It’s amazing how fast everything is passing by. However, I’m looking forward to the next quarter. I will have some interesting classes then including Principals of Marketing and Managerial Accounting.

The picture is from Times Square a few hours after the bomb went off. Took it with my cell phone that’s why the quality is pretty bad.

No comments: