Tuesday, March 25, 2008

What to do when you're bored!


I was planning to go to the gym today but I’ll skip it. I’m not in the mood at all for that. I might go to Queens later with my girlfriend to eat a burrito and to take a few night shots on the Manhattan skyline. As of the place in Brooklyn, I really recommend this place too. Take the 7 train from Manhattan to Vernon Blvd – Jackson Av. From there you walk towards East River and that’s it.

Since I don’t have much to do this day I want to share some of my tips on what to do when you’re out of ideas.

There are so many things to do in New York. A few of my favorite things to do is simply walking and as you should know by now, taking pictures. Now, I understand that not everyone likes to take pictures. However, walking is highly underestimated!

I’ve been to all five boroughs here in New York City. Every single one has something to offer. Central Park in Manhattan is beautiful in all seasons. I also like to walk Downtown and in East Village. I can’t really pick one as my favorite since I like so much here.

In Queens and Brooklyn there are great areas where you can walk and watch the Manhattan skyline. I have told you about that before. It’s very romantic if you plan to go there with “someone.” Brooklyn Heights in Brooklyn and Hunter’s Point in Queens are beautiful.

You can also take the Staten Island ferry from South Manhattan. It offers great views especially on the Statue of Liberty. It’s also free so you don’t need to worry about that. When it comes to Bronx, I have only been there ones. I went to check out the New York Yankee’s stadium. They have a few really nice diners too if you want to have a late breakfast or something.

If the weather is really bad you could take the D train to 81st street and go to the Museum of Natural History. I have told you about my trip there and it is amazing!

I’m also planning to go to the Bronx Zoo. It’s supposed to be a great experience. They have a lot of animals such as Tigers and Monkeys. You should check out their website to get the latest news but they are open 365 days a year. I will tell more about my experience when I go there.

There are so many things to do here and I really find it hard to understand people who say that they are bored when they’re here. You could also google things in what to do in New York. There are a few great tips on what to do.

In the summer I recommend you to go to Brighton Beach. I don’t really like to spend a whole day at the beach but it’s beautiful there and it’s a nice area. I haven’t been at Long Beach yet but I’ll go there this summer.

In the evening you can go out and enjoy the party life in New York! Brooklyn has a lot of great Jazz clubs. On Wednesdays you could go to Apollo in Harlem. They have amateurs’ night there. I haven’t been there yet but I’ll go there someday.

One bar I recommend you to visit is McSorley’s at 15 East 7th Street in East Village. It’s the oldest bar in New York and it’s over 154 years old. They haven’t changed much since then so it looks really old. It’s really nice!

More tips later!

No comments: