Saturday, March 1, 2008

IKEA trip


I’m pretty tired right now. I just helped my girlfriend clean her room. The room is small but it took a few hours cleaning it. The reason we cleaned it is because I’m moving in there in a few weeks.

We went to IKEA today and that was fun! We looked up some storage furniture and organizers to use in her room when I’m moving in. We bought some stuff and a box you put under the bed. It’s great for me to use when I move in.

We took the free IKEA shuttle bus. When we got back in to Manhattan we waited for all the people to grab their stuff from the bus’s luggage space. A guy tried to remove our plastic box which had gotten stuck in between his package and ours.

Just when we screamed to him to be careful he cracked our lid for the box. After a few minutes of sharing beautiful words with each other a woman came up and offered her to bring back the lid to IKEA the next day and give it back to us. We didn’t trust her and went home instead.

When we got home, I built the bed box which turned out great. We also discovered after cleaning the room that we need to buy book cases. We will go back to IKEA tomorrow to do just that. Everything looks really good right now which makes me feel good.

I’m a very organized and clean guy. I want things to be clean and put in order. I’m not a freak about it; it’s just the way I want things to be.

Yesterday was really fun! My girlfriend and I went to the American Museum of Natural History. That’s definitely the best museum I have ever visited. I bought two tickets including everything. It was only $23 each thanks to the student discount.

First we went to a really amazing place. A room full of butterflies. What is really nice is that you walk in a room with butterflies originating from all over the world. It’s nothing in between you and the butterflies, no glass or anything.

I took a lot of great photographs in there. After that we went to see the space show. That was awesome. There is a big screen in the roof and you sit down in a circle. It’s a show about space, its planets and the sun. It’s very interesting. We also went to see the water show, a show about dinosaurs and other museum objects such as crystals and objects from different cultures.

I have to study for my accounting now and write a fiction about Cornelius Vanderbilt. I love writing so that shouldn’t be a problem. I also feel good about the accounting.

No comments: