Wednesday, March 26, 2008

New York, New York


The weather is getting better in the city! Today is beautiful and warm and it really feels like the spring is here. I went to Manhattan today to work out. I got off at a subway stop a little further away from the stop I usually get off at so that I could walk from there and enjoy the weather.

In Sweden I used to work out a lot! I went to the gym about five to six days a week and got really bulky and strong. When I came here I totally stopped so it feels great to work out again.

It became a little of an obsession and it feels good that I don’t do that anymore. I go to the gym when I’m in the mood for it and that’s enough for me to stay in shape!

I’m going to Queens later today with my girlfriend. She bought an XBOX 360 game today and I thought that I had to take her out so that she doesn’t get stuck in front of the TV. Kidding! The new electronics I bought is great actually. We really enjoy it and we will still go out and enjoy the city.

Many people get stuck at home when they buy new appliances such as televisions and gaming consoles. I really feel that I have a great passion in the city though, and I think I’ll always feel excited to go out and do new things and discover new places.

I remember one thing my classmate said in class. We were talking about New York City and the subway system. She said it’s always a show when you go down there. She’s been living in the city her whole life and she is right. That’s one of the things I love about New York. The city is so alive.

I used to take trains in Sweden for about 15 minutes every weekday to school. The ride felt so long every day and was really boring. Nothing ever happened there and people were so quiet and boring. The trains were almost always delayed and I hate that.

In New York new things happen all the time. Crazy people, nice people, and entertaining people enter and leave the train all the time. It could be a Mexican with a guitar or a group of gospel singers giving you some entertainment. I really love it!

My English teacher told me ones that the music in the subway never sounds bad. He’s so right about that.

No comments: