Friday, February 19, 2010

Trip to the United Nations

Berkeley College’s international division is arranging a group tour of the United Nations. I have never taken this tour, although I know that most tourists have. I definitely plan to attend together with my girlfriend because the price is very reasonable.

The tour will take place on Friday and I hope to get tickets soon. The problem is that I will have to go to my school to pick up the tickets. The person in charge of the event is not available after 5 PM and I can only be there after 5.30 PM because of work.

I went to Berkeley College’s Facebook page today and asked the international division how to solve this. This is a great way to communicate with the school. They usually respond within hours and sometimes within a few minutes.

I should get back my midterm for my business strategy and policy class tomorrow. I am definitely looking forward to this. I will also get back an external factor analysis that I completed. I am currently working on an internal factor analysis so getting back my external assignment will definitely help me to decide whether I should continue to work in the same way or not.

Merging the internal factor analysis with the external analysis pretty much serves as a SWOT analysis. However, the factor analysis goes more in-depth by putting weights on the mentioned criteria. This helps to decide whether the business in question is above or below the industry average.

It is definitely an interesting class and I am positive that what we learn will be very useful in future job assignments. People can actually make a lot of money by working as strategic analyst. It involves heavy research and distinctive analyses, which this class prepares us for.

We will discuss a case in tonight’s marketing logistics class. The case is six pages and comes from a real business. The article deals with supply chain management and is definitely interesting. I have not gotten the chance to write down notes and key terms from the case yet but I will try doing so before the class starts today.

It feels like the spring is getting closer. We had 44 degrees in the city today. Unfortunately, it is forecasted to snow again in a few days. I am definitely getting tired of the winter and I am looking forward to sitting outside eating lunch or studying. What I am not looking forward to is the summer, which always is way too hot in New York.

No comments: