Monday, February 22, 2010

Sun Tzu

I have not been as busy as I was last week, which has been nice, but I guess I have some caching up to do since I postponed a few assignments. Actually, my professor postponed an assignment but I usually finish them as soon as I can.

We watched a documentary about Sun Tzu last week in my business strategy and policy class. I have to admit that it was quite a slow film but it definitely had a few good points. Sun Tzu is the writer of the book “The Art of War,” which has been used, not only for war tactics, but also in business practices.

I was looking forward to get back my assignment and the midterm but the professor had not gone over them yet. This really disappointed me but I guess I have to give the professor a break since it was his birthday that weekend.

I was expecting to have a presentation last Wednesday. This presentation was supposed to take place two weeks ago but class cancelled due to the blizzard. The professor also decided to cancel last week’s class. The reason was that he felt that he could not penalize students because of the snowstorm. The first class we had, he set up a schedule and on what days we would have classes on campus. The presentation will therefore be postponed to March 3rd since last week’s class was not scheduled.

I am okay with this because I did not have much time to prepare for it. However, I do like to get things over with. It is also difficult sometimes to coordinate with my group members because we have classes at different times so the only way of communication is by phone or email.

My class in new products development went on as normal last week. We had three cases to prepare for and three chapters to read. That is a lot of pages to study especially since we had to read five chapters for last class to prepare for a test.

I skimmed through the pages and did not really go in dept on what was in the book. Other students did not seem to be better prepared, which was reflected in the discussion we had on our cases. However, most students always try to do their best so we were able to discuss some interesting points that touched subjects from that week’s chapters. It is all about being creative.

No comments: