Monday, February 22, 2010

Group Issues

I am having a few issues with uploading pictures at the moment but I promise that I will find a solution to this as soon as I can. I understand that many readers enjoy the pictures and if somebody has any special wishes for a picture, let me know.

It is finally raining. This is something I have been looking forward to because it helps to exterminate the snow. Like I mentioned before, I am looking forward to spring. It seems like this has been a very rough winter all over the world.

Sweden saw one of its worst winters this year with almost the whole country being affected by the snow. Trains are constantly cancelled and people have to deal with slush on a regular basis. It is interesting to see that Sweden many times deal with the snow in a poorer way than New York since Sweden is known for its cold winters.

I will get back my exam and assignment today for my business strategy and policy class. I am definitely looking forward to this. I am uncertain how well I did on the test but I do have a feeling that I got an A. However, this is very hard to determine since I have not had this professor since my first quarter and I do not remember how he corrects his tests.

I am having difficulties with my group in my new products development class. Apparently, a sixth girl joined the group but only five people are allowed per group. No one wants to be the devil in this case, but is necessary.

We are currently trying to find solution to the problem. Personally, I think it is rather easy. The girl who joined as a sixth person should find another group. I do not know her so someone else will have to tell her this. I am still waiting for a decision to be made but unless something happen before Thursday this week, I will take things into my own hands.

It is a quite stressful situation actually. We only have four weeks to finish the project and not having a group yet or knowing what will happen is agonizing. I do not see fairness in kicking anyone except the sixth person out, especially since she quietly assumed that she was in our group. This is definitely a situation of poor leadership because no one has really taken control. I believe that it is just a matter of time before someone does just that.