Thursday, February 11, 2010

About Berkeley College


As mentioned earlier, I would like to talk about what future Berkeley College students should expect from the school. I get many emails form people who are worried about whether they have the right qualifications or not. I can tell people right now that most persons do.

Many worry that their English is not good enough. This is, many times, an unnecessary thought. Berkeley College has excellent English classes and also offer free tutoring for students who need help with any of the classes he or she is attending.

Before classes start for new students, they will have to complete one test in match and one test in English. This is nothing to worry about. Falling below a certain point level simply means that student has to take one or two extra courses in that subject. In addition, these grades will not be reflected on their transcript or affect their GPA.

These tests simply serve as guidance to Berkeley College and, most of all, students so that they will be ready for more demanding classes in the future. For example, I did not do well on the math test because I am simply not that good in math.

However, the extra class added to my scheduled helped me to understand the basics of what we would be working with in future classes. This helped me to quickly adapt to classes that otherwise would be very difficult for me to pass. I have taken all required math classes now and I got an A in every single one of them.

Many are also worried that they will not understand the textbook material. Therefore, I wanted to share with you a typical textbook that is used at Berkeley College. On Amazon, people can peak inside a book to get a taste of what it is like. You can access it by clicking on the following link: http://www.amazon.com/Small-Business-Management-Launching-Entrepreneurial/dp/0324827830/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&s=books&qid=1265907445&sr=8-1.

It is perfectly normal not to understand every single word in the book. Not even Americans do that. As an international student you may have to use a dictionary so that you can get used to words that you were previously not familiar with.

Classes at Berkeley College are small with approximately twenty-five to thirty-five people per class.  This is a great advantage and allows for direct communication with professors. In addition, the professors are very experienced and are always ready to help students succeed.

I will try to post more blogs in regards to this topic. I know that many people wonder about these kinds of things and I definitely plan to talk more about requirements and what people can expect from Berkeley College.

No comments: