Sunday, February 28, 2010

End of the Quarter

The UN tour was not held last Friday. I had misunderstood the date and the tour will instead be taking place this Friday. I was positively surprised by that because a blizzard hit New York last Thursday, which made travelling a pain in the neck.

Things are really coming together now at school. I only have two more weeks after this one left before the quarter ends. I have two presentations, one test, one quiz, and a paper left to hand in. It sounds like more than what it really is.

Apart from attending the UN tour on Friday, I will also meet my girlfriend’s friends. We are going to have a dinner in their home somewhere in Manhattan. I hope to be able to study because my last exam for my new products development is next week.

I do not worry too much about this exam. I scored 20 out of 20 so far on the tests so I should be fine even if I get a D on the next test. However, I always try to do my best and I do not like to receive scores below A.

I have an assignment that is due today. It consists of an internal factor evaluation analysis. I personally felt that it was much more difficult to execute the internal analysis compared to the external one. It involves ratio analysis, core competencies, and other factors, which the company has control over.

It is difficult to find good and valid information for this kind of analysis. Unlike external evaluations where information about the economy, industry growth rates, and other external factors are easy to find, internal issues are not very well known and it therefore requires people to have greater analytical skills and extensive knowledge about the company.

I have a presentation tomorrow. I have been waiting to finish this presentation for weeks now and it will feel great to get it over with. My group works okay together but I would prefer doing it alone. For example, one of my group members emailed me today and requested some information to be changed. It is agonizing when someone asks you for changes a day before the presentation will take place.

I had a group meeting in my new products development class yesterday. We finally were able to assign tasks to everyone. Each group member was assigned something to do and we will meet again in about a week so that we can put everything together. We are six people in the group, which is quite a lot but that means each person only have to talk for about four minutes during the presentation. That is definitely a benefit.

No comments: