Sunday, August 15, 2010

OM Test


I had a test in operations management this week. I was nervous about it because it was the first test for the class and I did not know the professor very well. In addition, the test contained mathematical problems that I found hard to predict.

The test was not easy but I was able to score 28 out of 30, which translates to about 93%. I am definitely happy with that. I do think that the professor may have made one mistake however. For one question, I got 64.33%. The multiple choices available only listed 64.4%, two other numbers, and another option for “none of the above.”

I picked “none of the above.” I think the professor accidentally rounded the answer wrong or at least I hope he did. If so, I can score 29 out of 30 instead. In any event, I am happy with my score. I now have to practice for my presentation next week.

I also had a take-home midterm in my political science class. I am against take-homes most of the time because it can make the tests too easy. However, it was the perfect testing method for this class and I actually learned a lot.

The political science class itself can be confusing at times because the professor jumps around a lot and students are interrupting each other often. The test forced me to read some chapters and I felt that it helped me to understand the American government much better.

We will also have a term paper, in which students will have to come up with a fifth president to be portrayed at Mount Rushmore. I have not yet decided who to chose but I would prefer to research a president that I want to learn more about and that has made significant accomplishments.

No comments: