Monday, August 30, 2010

Chicago


I booked a trip to Chicago with my girlfriend. Chicago is a city that I have always wanted to visit. My idea of it is that the city is less crazy than New York, but still more energetic than Seattle, which I visited about two years ago. I therefore think it is the perfect city for me.

Chicago also seems more modern in terms of architecture since all its buildings are relatively new compared to those in New York. We are taking a direct flight there for the Labor Day weekend and will stay for four days.

I am looking forward to try real deep-dish pizza. I have been to the restaurant “Uno Chicago Grill” in Boston and New York but I did not find their pizzas to be that deep. From the pictures that I have seen, there is definitely a bunch of really good placed in Chicago that I cannot wait to visit. I also want to eat steak, which apparently, Chicago is famous for.

I have not fully planned the trip yet, but I am also looking into taking a boat tour on the lake and river. I am not sure whether to take it at night or in the morning. I want to get good views of the city though and a sunset tour would be fantastic.

Other places I want to see include Millennium and Grant Parks, John Hancock Observatory, and the Navy Pier. I will probably take loads of pictures so I will try to post a few on the blog. If anyone has any tips on what to do in Chicago, let me know.

New York is an amazing city, but I feel that I need to get away from the city ones a year or so. New York really never sleeps and it feels like everyone and everything moves very fast. The temperature dropped for a few days to the 60s and I really enjoyed that. Now they are back up in the 90s again. I cannot wait for the fall and winter to be honest.

No comments: