Tuesday, August 31, 2010

Chinese Tea

I am trying to lose weight, again. I actually did lose weight the last time I wrote about it. However, that was more than three months ago and nothing happened since three weeks ago. For the last three weeks I have been on a Chinese tea diet and it works pretty well. I also stopped eating late at night after school.

I usually skipped breakfast and had my first lunch at noon. Five hours later I had another meal before classes started. I came home around 9 or 10 PM and had my last meal at that time. That was not healthy, especially since I usually was starving and had large portions of food just an hour or so before bedtime.

Nowadays, I use my exercise bike at least twice a week. I also eat breakfast, lunch, and dinner. However, I have my dinner, not later than 6 PM. As a result, I feel better physically. I also started to walk the stairs instead of using escalators. I believe that has helped my weight loss to some extent.

I drink the Chinese tea as much as possible during my work hours. I simply substituted it with water. The tea helps digestion and promotes weight loss. For days when I do not drink tea, I drink some vinegar right after my meals. That may sound extreme but it helps to take care of the fat from the dish.

In addition, I have also made my portions smaller but I still eat what I used to eat. I do not eat as much snacks as before either. Although I still eat snacks occasionally but snacks that do not contain too much fat and sugar.

My current weight loss is a little slow but I expect it to take off soon. The body first needs to get used to the new routines and diet. Also, since I am exercising, my body is increasing in muscle strength so the weight loss will not be seen instantly, as muscles weigh more than fat. I did get skinnier, which can be seen on my waist and face and that feels great.

No comments: