Tuesday, August 31, 2010

Labor Day

Next Monday is Labor Day. My class on that day is therefore cancelled. That will bring the total of revoked classes to three because the professor had to take one day off last week and the first day of class was cancelled because of Memorial Day.

My professor has been able to cover all the course material and he has organized the class very well. I have learned a lot and the things that I have learned have been of the practical kind, meaning that I can use the information professionally at work and other places.

My mother ones told me that the potato came from America. I always questioned that theory. However, in my next class in world civilization, he professor will cover the history of the potato, which indeed came from America. I guess I have to admit that my mother was right.

I just received my grades for my term paper, attendance, and participation for my operations management class. My total score right now is 68 over 70. Therefore, in order for me to get an A for the class, I have to score no less than 22 out of 30 on the final exam. That will not be difficult.

This is a good example of why it is important and beneficial to study hard in the beginning of the course. Since all finals take place the last week of the quarter, it is important that students prepare as well as possible for it.

For example, I do not have to study as hard for my final in operations management, as I have to for my political science class. It is simply easier to organize the last week by prioritizing according to which tests that are more important.

No comments: