Monday, October 12, 2009

Two Weeks Break


I have not written my blog for a long time now so I thought I should do it now. I have been very busy since I came back from Sweden but it will be a little calmer for me in the next two weeks.

I have two weeks of from my internship so I can focus on studying for a while now. I felt that I needed to relax for a while because I have had a lot to do lately. This weekend was wonderful and I have been taking it easy for most of the time.

I went to a Chinese restaurant in Flushing with my fiancée and a friend two days ago. My fiancée had read about it online and it had gotten great reviews. My first impression of the restaurant was a disappointment. The place looked pretty torn down and it did not smell too good.

We decided to give it a try anyway and the food turned out to be excellent. It was a pure Sichuan restaurant so the food was spicy and not greasy at all compared to all the Chinese-American restaurants around New York. I do not think I will go there again though because the environment was terrible.

My class in managing for change had to do an in-class case last Thursday. We had to use a model for change and try to find where certain activities should take place. I was the only one in my group with the book so everyone had to take turns reading it. This really frustrated me and I find it inexcusable.

We really did not have much time to understand and finish the material and I believe my group did really badly this time. We are going to talk about it tomorrow and since the case was worth 20 points, I really hope we will get an okay score on it. This really just strengthens my suspicions about group work.

I also read the syllabus for my online class in group dynamics. It looks like we will have a group work in that class too. This will be extremely difficult since I have no idea how to communicate successfully with people in my group. I really hope I will not have to do this.

It is getting really cold in New York now. I actually like it since the summer heat in New York is awful. I hope my landlord will turn on the heat soon and I do not think it will be a problem since he is a very good guy.

I have been thinking about going to restaurant Aquavit here in New York. It is a Swedish guy who owns it and the food looks terrific based on what I have seen on their menu online. I believe it is a pretty pricy restaurant but I want to try it since I am curious about how he has implemented Scandinavian food in the culture of New York.

No comments: