Monday, October 26, 2009

Time to Start Exercising Again


It is time for me to start loosing weight. I feel that I have neglected exercising for a long time and I am not in a mood to blame it on lack of time. I was first to blame it on various stores and how their sizes must have shrunk but that is also an idea I have given up on.

It hit me today when I went to Bay Ridge to visit Century 21, a department store. There are a couple of Century 21 stores around New York with the one in Downtown Manhattan being the most famous. I never liked the one in Manhattan because it is very messy and there are always a lot of people there who fight over different items.

The one in Bay Ridge, Brooklyn turned out to be much better. It is relatively big and it seems much more organized than the Manhattan store. I bought a tie and a new dressing shirt. The ties were only around $10 with brands such as Calvin Klein and Donald Trump.

After my shopping spree, my fiancée and I went to get some take-out at a Sichuan restaurant. We then decided to take the bus. However, before doing so we noticed that Burger King had a new deal, a double cheeseburger for $1. We had two each before taking the bus home.

When we arrived home, we decided to eat the Sichuan food too because we did not want to spoil it. After maybe 20 minutes of slow eating, I started to realize that what I was doing was stupid. Anyway, I have decided to start exercising again and to eat healthier. I am really tired of eating unhealthy and gaining weight. I hope to reach my goal in two to three months.

I have worked hard the last days to finish my homework assignments for this week. My group in my managing for change class has functioned pretty well with a few exceptions, but I feel that we have a good paper for tomorrow. The assignment was a case usually given to graduate students. We had to structure a change management program for a certain company and look over its procedures.

It has been very interesting and I feel that it is a great class. It is definitely interesting and I believe that what I learn will be of great benefit to me in the future. I was skeptical to the class at first but, fortunately, I have a much more positive opinion about it now.

I have also worked on a discussion board assignment in my market research class. I had to answer a few questions concerning secondary data and how it is distributed. Market research is also an interesting class. I thought I knew a lot about it but I learn new things every day.

That is really the advantage with online classes. They are active seven days a week so new material is presented to students every day. It, most often, also opens up opportunities to reach the professor faster and with less trouble than on campus.

No comments: