Saturday, October 24, 2009

Dinosaur Barbque


It looks like my group problems are coming to an end. I have received most of the material for the project and I am now waiting for one of the members to create a draft based on that material. I hope to have the draft by next week so that I can finish it. However, there will be a test after next week in that class so it will probably get busy at that time.

I went to a really great restaurant with two friends this weekend. The place is called Dinosaur Barbque and is located in Harlem. It is purely American with excellent food. I had a dish named “Big Ass Pork Plate,” and I loved it. I did not only like the food, the environment itself was great and it seemed like a lot of bikers went there as well as office guys.

I have been quite busy with my online classes this week. I had to do a test in my market research class, which included 50 true or false questions. It was pretty tricky but I was able to score 98 out of 100 on it. I also have to engage in group discussions about different topics and it is very time consuming.

I had to read an 18-page article for my group dynamics class this weekend. Following that was a paper asking four questions worth 25 points each. In other words, it was a pretty big assignment. I worked on it today and I think I did okay. However, I am curious what my professor will think about it.

I had a test last week in small business management. I did pretty well with a score of 94 out of 100 and I am, of course, happy with that outcome. We will have two more tests in that class and we will also have to create a business plan. Generally, I feel good about the class but I have a feeling that it will get extremely busy in the end.

The dollar is really weak right now. I read in the Wall Street Journal that the United States and the European Union had tried to lower the value of the euro in attempt to boost investment and increase the value of the dollar. This has obviously failed with the dollar being very weak.

I hope it will stay like this for another month or so because I want to transfer some money from Sweden. Thanks to the strong Swedish Krona, I will get a lot more dollars for my money when transferring them to New York.

I want to go to Central Park to take pictures soon. The colors are said to be excellent at this time of the year because of the fall so I hope to take some excellent shots there. Next weekend is Halloween and there will be a huge parade in Manhattan. I will probably go there this year even though I do not really like the crowd and the malfunctioning subway.

No comments: