Friday, February 1, 2008

Superbowl coming up!


It’s finally weekend. I was supposed to have one midterm in spreadsheets and databases this Tuesday but it was cancelled so I had it on Thursday instead. This meant that I had two midterms the same day, the other one being accounting. It wasn’t that bad since I am very used to computers and Microsoft Word. I didn’t study at all for that midterm but I’m positive I’ll get an A on it.

I usually study and prepare myself for a test days before it. Before the midterm in accounting, I didn’t study much at all though. I reviewed the chapters the day before the test and it was as if I knew everything already. I ended up studying around thirty minutes. This has never happened to me before. It also made me nervous because it made me think that I didn’t study enough for the test. However, I took the test and it felt good. I can’t really tell if I will get an A or a B, but I won’t get worse than that.

It’s time to register for the next quarter now. I have an appointment with my student advisor the coming week. After the first quarter you make your schedule yourself and I’m already done with that. I actually scheduled with a friend so that we will have a few classes together next quarter.

I was first thinking of taking three evening classes a week. This would make it possible for me to be free from school three days a week. After a second thought, I rescheduled. The reason is that I really don’t want to stay home and do nothing. I understand that going to school is not that bad. I want to meet new people and find new friends. If I don’t do that, I will start feeling lonely, even though I have a bunch of friends already.

It’s Superbowl on Sunday! Me and a couple of friends have bought tickets at a bar to see it there. For $57 you get free drinks and free food! It’s perfect, and I’m really looking forward to it! They have big screen TV’s and I think it’s a great environment for watching the Superbowl. I definitely want the Giants to win! No doubt about it since I’m in New York!

Today is Friday and this is my day off. I went to school anyway to finish my homework. Now I don’t have to study in the weekend and it makes me feel more relaxed.

GO GIANTS!

No comments: