Sunday, January 27, 2008

Working out again!


I feel really good today! A couple of days ago I went to a gym in Manhattan to sign up. Finally, after five months without working out, it’s time again! I’ve been there three times now and my stamina is already back in shape. I will run for one hour every second day, for a couple of weeks to lose some weight, and later I will start lifting some weights so shape my body. I’m really looking forward to see the results, and so is my girlfriend!

What I really like about this gym is that it’s huge and it also has a swimming pool. I’m also writing a paper about it for my oral communication class and I will eventually hold a speech about the importance of working out. This has been a nice weekend so far. Every Friday I have a day off from school. This makes me have a three days long weekend which is nice.

This Friday I went to the school anyway to do all my homework. I really like the library because it gets me motivated to study and they have the books for every class if you need to borrow it while being there. I finished after a few hours and went out to go to the New York Public Library. I stood in line for maybe twenty minutes waiting to register for a library card, but I couldn’t get one since they need a proof of your address.

This kind of annoyed me and since I live in Brooklyn, I didn't want to go back just to find a letter. Luckily my girlfriend showed up and she has a library card. The library didn’t have my book though. We made a search on the computer for the book and found out that Brooklyn Public Library had it, so we travelled there and I could finally pick it up. The reason I needed that book is that it’s for an assignment we have in school. I’m going to write about the man, Cornelius Vanderbilt. He was a very successful businessman and among other things, he raised money to build the Grand Central Terminal here in New York. It’s a really interesting assignment. I love reading about New York and American history. Next week, I have two midterms. There’s one in Spreadsheet and Databases and another one in Accounting.

I feel really comfortable about the first one since I’m very used to computers and Excel. I feel alright about the Accounting too, and I will rehears it in the coming days. Accounting is actually very logical and not that hard, at least for now. I’m not going to say too much about it until I’ve done the test!

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Hope you get back your shape again every soon! ^^