Friday, February 22, 2008

Snow chaos!


This morning when I woke up, I discovered that it had been snowing, a lot! I thought it was going to be chaos on the streets and in the subway but the traffic actually ran smoothly. My girlfriend skipped school and I skipped my regularly Friday studying. Instead we spent a few extra hours in the bed and planned the rest of our day.

My girlfriend got us tickets for a tour at the Federal Reserve Bank in Downtown Manhattan. It was very interesting and fun! I got to see gold bars for the first time in my life. I’ve only seen it in movies before. It’s amazing, one bar weight around 26 lbs.

The vault where the gold is kept is located five floors below ground. It’s further down than the subway. The steel door is huge and the security is amazing. Anyway, it was a very interesting and instructive tour.

After the tour we went to pick up my pants. I had to shorten them a little and now they are perfect. In Sweden most stores will do the shortening for you, but I’ve learned that it’s not very common here. Luckily, most laundromats do it, and there are a lot of other tailor shops that offer the service.

Our next task was to go back to Queens Mall to return the shoes I bought the other week. I realized a couple of days ago that one shoe was black and the other one was blue. The return went good and we later had lunch at Taco Bell. I love their burritos. I also ended up buying another pair of shoes which I really like. My girlfriend also bought shoes and after that, we went home.

Tomorrow I will go to my school and do my homework. After that I will probably go working out since I skipped today’s spell. I’ve been running for every other day now so I’m thinking about doing something else tomorrow. I could use a machine where you have to use your arms and legs at the same time in what would look like skiing movement. That would be great exercise.

In the next blog I will write about my first NHL experience. I’m really looking forward to that!

No comments: