Monday, February 11, 2008

A Chinese Weekend


I had a very relaxing and cozy weekend. I celebrated my girlfriend’s birthday and we spent the whole weekend together. We cooked Chinese food together and it tasted amazing! We also bought a big box of chocolate ice cream. I love ice cream! We shared and finished it over the weekend. I guess I have to do some extra work out this week.

We also went to the Chinese parade in Chinatown, Manhattan. It wasn’t that good. I love all the parades in New York City but it’s almost always too crowded. This time it was so packed so that when we tried to leave, we actually couldn’t move because of all the people. The situation got a little dangerous since there were kids and elderly people in the crowd.

I was also a little afraid that my camera would break. The pressure from the crowd behind me squeezed me really hard and my camera is a little fragile. It cost me more than $3500 so I’m trying to be careful with it. I got out of Chinatown without any scratched though, on neither me nor my camera.

I had a test in mathematics for business last week. It was really easy. Not only did we review a test with similar questions two days before, we also had multiple choices on the test. I used our online intranet to check my grades this weekend. I got twenty out of twenty and it really made me happy. I want to remain on the president’s list this quarter too!

All students who get a 4.0 GPA will show up on the presidents list. You will also receive a congratulations letter from the principal. It makes you feel really good and it’s something that is very good to show a future employer.

I’m doing well in school right now. I don’t have too much homework. The only class I don’t really like is oral communication. It puts a lot of pressure on you and you have to make speeches in front of the class. I wish that I didn’t get nervous every time I have to do public speaking. I know that there is nothing to be afraid of and my class is good. I just get nervous when I get up there. It’s really good for practice though and I think I will learn a lot from it.

On Thursday, I will have the next midterm in spreadsheet and databases. I don’t feel nervous about it. I’m actually looking forward to it so that I can make up for my last bad test. I’m really going to do it slow and think about every step I make so that I won’t make any silly mistakes.

I have gotten into a pattern when it comes to working out now. It feels really good! I’m running one hour every second day. Every week, I increase the speed a little so that I will improve. I can really feel the difference in my stamina. My girlfriend also tells me that my face has gotten thinner. I think so too.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Wonderful Weekends Come ahead...