Wednesday, February 6, 2008

Got back my tests


I got back my tests this week. I have mixed feelings about it. The accounting was great! I was second best in class and ended up with 195 out of 200 in score. That really made me feel happy because I was a little worried about accounting, especially since I didn’t study for the test more than half an hour the day before.

The computer midterm really made me feel upset. I know everything about Excel. I also used to work in a computer store back in Sweden. I have grown up with computers and I know a lot about it. It’s sometimes hard to understand my teacher in spreadsheets and databases. He can’t always express himself in a way that makes you understand.

Among other things, he wanted us to do a chart in Excel, more exactly, a clustered column bar chart. I did that and since there are two, one in 3D and one in 2D, I picked the one in 2D since that one looks better. I got 12 points off because of this! He did not specify if he wanted a 2D one or a 3D one but he wouldn’t change his mind. So I ended up with 82 out of 100 on the test! I had one other mistake that I accept. I printed in landscape instead of portrait.

This is unacceptable but I have to forget about it. He won’t change his mind and I am positive that I will make up for it. Together with my homework assignments I now have an average of 89%. So I’m very close to an A and I won’t have any trouble in getting it. There will also be a next test next week. I am not worried about it but it made me very upset since I know a lot about it. And why would it really matter what chart you use? It shows that I know how to make a chart.

I went to the BB King bar to see the Super Bowl this Sunday! It was amazing! Everyone should by this time know that the Giants won! I had school the day after but I didn’t really care about it. We had a few buckets of beer and ate some really good American food. Everyone screamed when we won and it was a really happy and exciting moment. After the game we went out on Times Square to celebrate. There were a lot of people and everyone was happy.

The day after, I didn’t feel very good. I got home fairly early though, at around 11.30. I went to school and it was kind of hard to concentrate in class. Everything went fine though. I was also lucky because the last class was cancelled!

I was supposed to go to the gym after school, but I had to skip it. Instead, I went home and fell asleep. I slept for two hours and woke up at around 6. Later that evening I ordered food and watched some Heroes. I fell asleep again at around 11.

I also registered for the next quarter this week. It got kind of stressful that day. My friend with whom I scheduled with had to change her schedule. She had an appointment earlier than me. After she was done she told me about it and I had to change mine too, to make it work. I made the changes though and my second schedule actually turned out better than the first one I made.

No comments: