Friday, April 2, 2010

Books

I listed the advantages of buying books online a few blogs ago. I am still waiting for my books that I purchased a few days ago to arrive but I am worried about two of my orders. Sellers should mark their orders as shipped after shipping the item, but this does not happen as often as it should be.

For example, I usually give sellers two or three days before expecting them to mark my order as shipped. If they do not, however, I send them an email asking them to ship as soon as possible as I need my books immediately. This usually solves the problem.

However, I purchased six books online this quarter and I still have not heard from two of my sellers. Last time this happened to me, I had to wait for two months before being able to get a refund. It is a very agonizing experiencing since people never will be able to know if they will receive their book or not.

Also, the refund is not absolute, which means that each order is reviewed and the website company may decide not to give the user a refund, which makes it a difficult decision whether the buyer should purchase another copy of the book or not.

I have found that these situations do not occur often. I am usually pretty lucky when it comes to purchasing books online. However, it is important to check the sellers review page to see how many sales he or she has made and to see what other users think of him or her.

The weather is perfect right now. I took a long walk with my girlfriend in Brooklyn yesterday. We walked from Bensonhurst to Bay Ridge and I was actually surprised how beautiful it was. I have been in Bay Ridge before, of course, but I have never walked there.

We also walked a different way than where the bus route takes place so we saw some, to us, new places. I personally feel that Bay Ridge and Bensonhurst is one of the most beautiful places in Brooklyn apart from Brooklyn Heights. A lot of people will probably disagree with that statement though since people in Brooklyn are very proud of their neighborhoods.

The total walk took about two and a half hours. On our way back, we saw an arrest taking place by a bunch of civilian police officers. We guessed that the vehicle was stolen or something but the situation was handled very well and everything happened quietly. It is actually a very safe neighborhood so this event does not represent that area very well.

No comments: