Wednesday, March 31, 2010

Spareribs

I went to Bronx Zoo today. The weather was a little cold but it led to perfect conditions since not many people showed up. Last time I was there, it was almost a hundred degrees and the place was packed. It was much more enjoyable and relaxing to visit the park this time.

I spent about three hours there and I think I have seen everything there except the gorillas now. By the way, on Wednesday’s, the Bronx Zoo has “Donation Day,” which means that people can pay whatever they think is appropriate.

I am eating a lot at Subway Restaurants because of work. I find it very convenient since it is affordable, yet quality food. There is one thing that I do not understand though. They do not have a rewards card to offer its customers.

I think Subway could really earn some customer loyalty if they had introduced such a card. For example, customers could be offered a free regular foot-long after spending a certain amount or after buying a certain amount of sandwiches.

I think I mentioned it before. However, I went to a place called Dinosaur Barbeque in Harlem before. They serve excellent barbeque dishes at an affordable price. Anyway, I was really in the mood for it a few days ago but my girlfriend did not think it was worth the ride because it takes about an hour for us to get there.

When we went out to buy groceries that same day, we found ten pounds of frozen ribs for only $19. We bought it together with some Jack Daniels barbeque sauce. The first time I cooked it, the meat was a little bit chewy because I only baked it for a little more than an hour.

I cooked it again yesterday, but this time, after having read some recipes online, I baked it for more than three hours in the oven wrapped in aluminum foil. The ribs turned out perfectly and it was, quite honestly, comparable with the ribs from the Dinosaur Barbeque restaurant.

I will definitely purchase another ten-pound box of frozen spareribs again. However, I still have five pounds of ribs left in the freezer and I am sure that it will last for quite a while. Basically, I spent $19 for ribs that will last for at least eight meals for two. This sure made me happy since I love barbeque dishes.

No comments: