Sunday, April 25, 2010

Food



My girlfriend and I have started a new tradition. We have decided to go to a new restaurant every weekend and so far it is great. We went to a Japanese Barbeque restaurant this weekend and it was one of the greatest restaurant experiences I have ever had.

The place is called Gyu-Kaku and it follows a “Do it yourself” concept. People are served prepared barbeque dishes and later cook it by themselves on a grill, which is placed in the middle of the table.

The food was absolutely amazing and the experience was exceptional. It is definitely a place that I want to come back to. However, since I am trying out new places every weekend now, I do not think I will have the time to go there for a while.

Last weekend, we went to an Indian restaurant in Brooklyn. It is actually located in Bay Ridge, which is a neighborhood that I really like. The place was pretty empty when we got there but they were very generous in terms of giving us starters and deserts.

I ordered some kind of spicy dish with lamb and spinach, which I really liked. However, the highlight of the dinner was the nan bread. Everyone who visits an Indian restaurant should try nan because it is the most delicious bread out there.

This restaurant is also a place that I want to visit again. The great thing with the restaurants my girlfriend and I pick is that they are affordable. Neither of us likes restaurants that are too fancy because we want to be able to be ourselves. Therefore, we usually go to places that serve dishes in the range of $15 to $25.

For everyone’s information, I am now monitoring comments that are posted on the blog. I appreciate everyone who wants to encourage me. Unfortunately, there have been a few instances where spammers and other people with disrespectful purposes comment unwanted links and material. If I encounter any more illegal comments, I will report this immediately.

No comments: