Sunday, April 4, 2010

Shows


Today is my last day of break. I feel prepared to get started with school and work again and I am excited about my new courses for this quarter. Although Berkeley College’s official first day of school is tomorrow on the 5th of April, one of my online classes has already started. Basically, the professor posted some assignments, but we have until the end of the week to complete them.

Today is another episode of Celebrity Apprentice. That is one of very few shows that I actually follow every week on television. I really like it since it shows some people with unique personalities trying to work together to achieve common goals.

It is very inspiring to watch business people come together to come up with innovative solutions to different problems. For example, in the last episodes, two teams had to come up with an advertisement and display for Kodak. Shows like this help me to come up with ideas and it is interesting to compare my own work with that of successful businessmen.

Another show that I find interesting to watch is Shark Tank. As a business student, it is exceedingly exiting to see how entrepreneurs succeed in convincing investors that their ideas are worth investing in. Watching some people fail help others to learn how to improve their own presentations and ideas.

It will be very interesting to see how I will coop with this quarter. Not all students are allowed to take six classes in one quarter. Students have to maintain a certain GPA score to qualify. I personally feel that I should be able to get straight As for this quarter but it will definitely be a challenge. I am taking three classes on campus and three online.

The hardest task of all will be to organize all assignments. I will have to carefully plan and keep track of assignments by using a calendar and other planning tools. As long as I know what I need to do every day, I should be fine, but I definitely have some busy weekends in front of me.

I hope to receive all my books by next week. I need some books immediately for my online classes. If I do not receive my books before Wednesday, I will have to stay in the Berkeley College library and finish the assignments from there.

Two of the sellers, which I purchased books from, still have not gotten back to me. I want them to confirm the shipping date and, if possible, provide me with a confirmation number. This worries me as this usually means the users are on vacation or have stopped using the website, which ultimately means that I will not receive my books. I will contact the website if they have not gotten back to me before the end of next week.

No comments: