Wednesday, April 14, 2010

Classes

Classes are going well so far. In general, I am happy with my professors although I wish a few classes had been different. My bioethics class is continuing in a structured fashion because of my professor’s background as a lawyer. I think I will be able to live with it because she is very acceptant in regards to opinions.

I have a presentation for next class in this course. Every student has to make one and it needs to relate to current events. Students are to find an article that relates to a bioethical topic and discuss it in front of class. I do not feel nervous about it because the professor is only expecting a short, five minute presentation.

I also have a PowerPoint class with a professor that I have known since my first quarter at Berkeley College. He is a very nice person and generous in terms of grading. This computer class will be quite different though because everyone has to make a presentation with an oral communication professor present in class.

This is not always easy because these professors thoroughly evaluate speakers based on preparation, organization, and material. They usually have acting backgrounds and are very knowledgeable within the areas of communication and presentations.

My third on-campus class is forensic science. This will definitely be an interesting course as my professor has twenty years of background at the New York Police Department. Many students are veterans and forensic science major and I think there are only two marketing students in the class including me.

My online classes are also going well. Actually, I had an argument with another student who commented on my post. She made personal evaluations based on what I wrote and inaccurately described what I said. Therefore, I replied and this upset her. I am not responding to her posts anymore as she is disrespectful and very unintelligent.

I have had two tests in my human resource management class already. We will have one every week. I got 7 out of 10 on the first test, which surprised me in a bad way. I went over the questions again and was able to track them down in the book. I found that I had answered them correctly so I contacted my professor. My professor corrected the test the same day and gave me a 10 out of 10 on the test. I got a 100% on the second test so it seems like this will not happen again fortunately.

My entrepreneurship class is off for a slow start. We have so far only had discussions on blackboard. This does not bother me at all, as I have five other classes to focus on. So far, I feel that I am keeping up with all my classes. I hope to be able to deal with all my classes for the rest of the quarter, but it may be difficult as midterms are getting closer.

No comments: