Tuesday, June 8, 2010

Lucky Week

I realized yesterday that I was particularly lucky last week. I was afraid that I would miss two classes and important assignments. I explained before that one of those classes was cancelled. I therefore never missed anything for that class, not even attendance.

The second class, my computer class, was not cancelled. For that day, the professor had scheduled the last presentation to be taking place. That presentation was worth 100 points, which was approximately 15% of the total grade.

That made nervous even though the professor had told me that he was to discuss it with me when I came back. I asked my classmates yesterday about the class and how everything went. I also wanted to know how the professor handled the absence of my classmate, who also missed one presentation.

She told me that the professor would not grade the last presentation. The reason was that the first five presentations in last week’s class were so bad that the professor cancelled all presentations. The professor said that those who made their presentation that day would receive an F.

That decision made most of the five speakers very upset and arguments followed. Ultimately, the professor decided that the situation was somewhat unfair so he decided not to count that week’s presentations towards the grade. That means that I did not miss anything last week even though I went to travel to Nevada and Arizona. I, most certainly, could not have picked a better week to travel.

I expressed concern over my placement seminar class earlier this week. I have finally gotten responses from the professors involved and I seem to have everything organized and under control now. The class is ending soon and I have completed all assignments necessary to pass the course. That is definitely relieving.

I had to participate in a debate for my bioethics class yesterday. That assignment was worth 20% of the grade so it was very important to get it right. I felt that my group did a pretty good job and I definitely participated to the fullest. I do not know my grade for the debate yet but I expect it to be posted online later this week or at least before Monday next week. I do feel that my group will receive an A for the debate so I am not too worried about it.

No comments: