Wednesday, June 16, 2010

Final Week

The final week is here and there is a lot for me to do. I have six classes to prepare assignments for, although it could have been much worse than what it is. I finished everything for four of my classes already and I have one final today in my bioethics class.

I am not sure how difficult today’s final will be but it could definitely be challenging because it includes material from seven chapters of the textbook. I outlined everything from the PowerPoint slides that the professor used in class and I think I have a good study guide to follow.

I do not worry about the test because I calculated that I can get a 50% score and still get an A for the class. The reason is that I have done very well on previous assignments and tests. I have gotten 100% on all assignments except two, but I made up for these points by writing an extra-credit assignment.

I finished writing an executive summary for my entrepreneurship class. It has not been graded yet, but I thought it turned out pretty well. I planned to start a photography firm in Soho in Manhattan. This idea has been developed throughout the course by participating in the online discussion board. Both students and the professor have given input to the idea and this is really helpful when it comes to balancing the idea with risks.

The other two classes that I finished were also online courses. It feels good to be done with the placement seminar class as it was rather unorganized and included a lot of work. My human resource development class also contained a lot of tests and information but this class was much better structured.

I have my last final on Thursday for my forensic science class. I answered all the review questions but there are a bunch of them that I am unclear about. Last class was supposed to cover any questions but the professor had to cancel the class due to an emergency.

Instead, he asked students to send him an email regarding any questions about the final. I hope that he will reply to my email because it may be difficult for me to answer a few questions without his help. For example, there is one question asking, “Which is not a layer of the hair shaft?” There are only three layers but there are five options meaning two of the choices are correct. We are only supposed to pick on answer so this makes it very tricky.

No comments: