Monday, June 7, 2010

Back to Normal

It is time for me to go back to school and work. I feel excited about getting busy again after spending five days in Nevada and Arizona. However, it is an easy time to miss and I cannot help to wish for another vacation. I am planning to make Miami my next travel destination although I am not sure when I have time to go there yet.

I had a lot to catch up on when I came back to the city this weekend. Last Monday was a holiday so I did not have a class that day. I missed one presentation for my PowerPoint class but I had discussed this with my professor the week before and he was okay with it. I therefore hope that I will be able to make up for the points that I missed.

I was to miss my forensic science class also but my professor cancelled the class. I turned in two articles instead of one last week’s class and my professor accepted my absence. I believe that it is important to notify professors and to be honest when it comes to skipping classes. Too many students neglect telling their professors that they will be absent and this often results in distrust and imperfect grades.

I am disappointed with my placement seminar class. It is an online class that is supposed to prepare students for internships and future work. I believe the material is good and I have learned a lot about writing techniques and such. However, the class is disorganized and it is difficult to follow weekly assignments because the professor is posting outdated email addresses and assignments from last quarter.

I wished that the professor had studied the posts more carefully before uploading assignments and documents. This would have saved students trouble in trying to figure out how to finish assignments and where to send them to. In addition, I feel that the professor sometimes provides replies to the discussion board that are uninformative and sometimes incorrect.

Apart from posting replies to the discussion board last week, I had to finish one graded homework assignment, prepare for a debate that takes place today, and upload a four page essay. I had prepared for everything pretty well so I did not have to spend much time on it though.

The weather in New York has been very humid since I came back. It was 108 degrees in Las Vegas when I was there and although it is only around 90 degrees in New York, it is much more painful because of the humidity. It is supposed to get better this week, however, so I hope not having to turn on the air conditioner too often.

No comments: