Saturday, March 20, 2010

Final Week

I have finished two out of four classes. I turned in my final project in my business strategy and policy class and I completed the final exam for my marketing logistics class. I feel confident in getting an A in both those classes.

The weather is beautiful in New York now. We have had up to 74 degrees the last two days and I have really enjoyed it. I have tried to stay outside as much as possible because I really do not want to miss out on this perfect weather. In one or two months, it will probably be too hot to be outside.

I went to Kings Plaza, a shopping center, today to pick up a ring that I needed resized. When I got there, the salesperson said, “Oh, you are on my list.” I had no idea what she talked about, but apparently, she was supposed to call a bunch of people to tell them there had been a delay.

I have already waited for three weeks to have it resized so I got pretty upset. I paid more than $10 to get to the mall and they never called me. When I got home, I called the headquarters to complain and they were pretty cooperative. They offered me a $28 gift card, which I accepted although the money was of little concern to me. It was the principle that really bothered me and the fact that it took me two hours to travel to and from the store.

The only things that I have left to do in school now are two presentations. One is rather minor and is about Andrea Jung, the CEO for Avon. The other one is for my new products development class and much more important because it accounts for 30% of the final grade.

I got back the final test for the same class. I got an A but it seemed like a lot of people had troubles with it. The professor was not happy about the overall performance of students. The test was made up of two questions, which were related to a case from the book. Students had to come up with a launch strategy and appropriate marketing strategies.

The questions were very broad but I personally liked them because as a last test, it really tested students whether they knew how to think like marketers or not. The professor has put a lot of weight on teaching students how to think like marketers instead of knowing specific concepts or formulas. Although students would have to know some concepts in order to think like a marketer, this really worked for me.

My back is still hurting. I am trying to find a doctor right now and am waiting for a certain office to call me back. I have requested one of the best since my insurance covers it. I do not like waiting for an appointment. However, I can go to the emergency too if I want to but I really do not want to wait there since I, most likely, would be classified as a low priority.

No comments: