Tuesday, March 30, 2010

Trouble


I had hoped that the weather would turn out better during my break. It seems to be constantly raining and I cannot find a chance to go outside. I have been doing a few things so far though, but it unfortunately, involves more negativity than positivity.

As I wrote before, my girlfriend and I are trying to have her ring resized. It was first delayed, which was very annoying. We went back a few days ago to pick it up however. This time, they had shaped it very poorly.

To make a long story short, we decided to have it sent in again. We now have to wait an additional two weeks to have it adjusted. However, I convinced them to send the ring to a Manhattan store this time because I am tired of having to go to their Brooklyn location all the time since it takes me an hour with bus.

The second negative event that happened to me occurred this morning. My Internet did not work. I received a letter from Verizon two weeks ago saying that I had not paid the bill for two months. I had set up automated payments and changed my credit card.

In any event, I gave them my new credit card details and also renewed my one-year contract since it had expired. I was told that they would automatically charge me for the two previous months.

I called back a few days later because they still had not charged me. The explanation was that they had changed the billing cycle now that I had a new contract. The letter I had received a few days earlier said that I would have to pay them within a week of receiving that letter, or my service would be suspended.

I explained this to them but they assured me that my service would be running as normal and that they would charge me later this month. So, today my Internet stopped working because I had not made the payment.

I called back Verizon and explained this. They had a different attitude now and explained to me that I had to pay. This really upset me. After spending hours on the phone, I made the payment over the phone. They wanted to charge me a $4 fee for paying over the phone but they later waived that for me.

I could not speak to a supervisor, but they will call me back later today. Apparently, the waiting time was four hours and I was told that my service would not resume until four hours after making the payment. Anyway, I made the payment, spoke to the right person, and my service now works.

I am still waiting for the supervisor to call me back. I am extremely dissatisfied with Verizon and I will not renew this contract with them. It is the worst service I have ever experienced. Its customer service is inconsistent, inefficient, and time consuming. I now hope that they will not double charge me for this month. One thing is for sure; this will not be the last time that I will have to deal with them.

No comments: