Saturday, January 19, 2008

A lot to do!


Yesterday I celebrated the weekend by traveling to Brighton Beach in Brooklyn. Me and my girlfriend took a long walk on the beach enjoying the beautiful weather. I also took a lot of pictures with my new camera that I bought two weeks ago. Later that day we had some ice cream and even though it was really cold, it was delicious. I have a lot to do in school this quarter.

The first quarter was for me fairly easy and I didn’t experience it as stressful. Now I have homework almost every day and the accounting takes up a lot of my time. I have a very good professor who enjoys his job though. He actually retired from his last job in 2001 but got bored and is now teaching full time at Berkeley College. He is very understanding and he’s very particular that his students are following him on everything he says. I wouldn’t say that I have trouble understanding accounting but I got a little nervous after hearing other students telling nightmare stories about it.

People think that good accountants are mathematical geniuses, but that’s not true. It has a lot more to do with understanding where money is coming and going. If you understand the terms and have an understanding teacher you will be fine. I actually also contacted Berkeley College’s tutoring center just in case I would need help with understanding it. I went there and got an appointment the same day.

I didn’t want to wait an hour so I booked a new appointment for the next day. I read the chapter in the subway on my way home and I started to understand what it was about. The next day, my teacher helped me out with all my questions but I went to the tutoring center anyway since I had an appointment. I was there for ten minutes and got everything I wasn’t clear about explained to me. I feel confident about this quarter and I think that it will turn out just as good as the first one. 4.0 GPA, that is.
I also booked an appointment at the student advisement center. It’s time to start scheduling for the next quarter. It’s crazy how fast the months are flying by. The appointment is for February and I need to plan my own schedule this quarter. The first quarter you don’t need to do that since the student advisers are helping out new students with that. But after the first quarter, the school expects you to be able to handle it.

I will talk to my friend about it so that we can plan our schedule together. It’s more comfortable to have someone you know in the same class. You meet people from previous quarters in the classes anyway but having a close friend in the same class is preferable.
I’m now planning to buy tickets for an NHL game. I might go and see New York versus Atlanta at Madison Square Garden. I have always wanted to go to one of those games and the time is right now that I have a professional camera. More about that later!

No comments: